10 years too late but nevermind

I've done it. I am sure a few others must have; not many, a few... I did it. I surfed the internet with my Dreamcast. Oh, loads of us did that in the late 90s. I'll rephrase:

I surfed the internet with my Dreamcast's Broadband Adaptor (left)


I also sent a few emails, downloaded some VMU games, read the DCJY and tested image searches on google. Whilst I was using VGA, it's obvious that the web has progressed somewhat from 1999... a lot of mouse work is needed on graphics-rich sites, but text sites are scaled appropriately. More pictures, less talk. If you want to know how to get online, give me a shout. I won't bother with a tutorial unless I get a whole load of comments :)




Comments

  1. I remember playing Phantasy Star Online with the dial up modem. Talk about teaching yourself about IP addresses + Subnet masks at 11, and how hard it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jordan, thanks for the comment!
    I've never played the game and although I can get online with the DC, for some odd reason I can't get onto the PSO servers, even when I set one of the DNSs as the server address. Maybe I need to port forward on my router??
    Any tips welcomed! The tutorials on the net can be a bit convoluted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vegeta,

    If you let me know more about your setup, I could help you.

    For me, I just used PlanetWeb 3.0 and I was online in seconds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be handy to have a connection guide. Im all for it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, as it stands, I personally can only do a BBA connection guide, but I can put that and a dial-up one together if people are interested. It's now in my todo list :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts