LOCK-ON (Interactive fast-paced action from SEGA)

Merry Christmas! Like many others, I am return'd home for Christmas. And that means rooting through my old room or the attic, to see what the 90s brought us (well, me) in terms of SEGA. So, bearing that in mind, I present to you: LOCK-ON (Interactive fast-paced action from SEGA). It's essentially a LASER QUEST or QUASAR (was that just Peterborough?) for your home!

The package consists of a gun (which is very solid and is a great shape), a headset (which is heavy and only held around your head with elastic) and an eye-shield which displays your score to you, via reflection from the headset. Quite cool really. Especially when you're 10 years old I guess. It's licensed by bandai (RPG SEGAGAGA joke in there somewhere) and was launched in 1993. Wow, I'm old. Well, I'm not, but I feel it. I remember running around the woods with a paid of these, shooting my brother.


The game came with a sticker pack, which I no longer have, as I used most of it on all sorts of stuff. SEGA stickers on my school folders and pencil case. I'd do the same now if it didn't make me look like a retard. Or if I had a pencil case. I believe it was £25 for each pack (apparently, poor kids or lonely children could play using one pack - either as hide and seek or target practice).

The website below gives a much better description of the LOCK-ON, I just found my two sets and thought I'd post about it.

http://www.djdrthq.com/rthqaslo

Well, if you have kids, try to track this down, though I guess there are better versions around these days. Takes a 9v battery and last time I checked, they still existed, so it's all good. If I ever have children they'll have loads of SEGA goodies to keep them entertained... or maybe I'll have them in a vault somewhere. The SEGA stuff... not the children.

Comments

  1. I remember these! I never owned one, though. There are quite a few toys on the market now that are developed by Sega Toys, but don't have their name on the English packaging. Shows just how much power the Sega brand had back in the early nighties..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh /notalgia i had two of these and used to play with them with my brother too! out in the wood and in the house, they didn't have a bad range to them, incredible stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts