The best Saturn import games Pt 1

I thought it might be useful to collate some of my import collection for those of you new to the scene. It's easy enough to get games in your own territory, but people often rave about Japanese games circa 1990-2000. 

The thing is, a lot of these games are now overhyped or just plain old expensive. Let's hit on a few that are great games, but won't break the bank. Welcome to part 1 of my import special.

Saturn Bomberman Fight!


Oh yes. It's Bomberman! What a cainer. Blow the crap out of your opponents. The best part? Having a sleep over? No problem. With a multi-tap or two, you can have up to 10 players. 10 players. Most teenagers these days don't have that many physical friends*. Anyway, this is a great game. You all know bomberman and this is one of the best. Get it!

Layer Section



This is an often overlooked shooter. Everyone raves about Radiant Silvergun. It's often sold for over £100. Sod that. Don't bother unless you are a collector - which you would have to be to pay that for it. It's a good shooter, but overratted. Layer section is pretty old school but feels really tight and can be found cheaply.

Panzer Dragoon

Yes, this can be found PAL for cheap cheap cheap, but... look at the artwork on the Japanese game. Worth the price of an import Saturn if you ask me. Which you aren't, but I am telling you anyway. Gorgeous.


Great game too!

This concludes the round up of the games you should own on your import Saturn. Part 1. Stay tuned!

*complete guess and probably quite offensive. If you're a teen, write in to let us know.

Comments

  1. I always thought that layer section is one of Saturn's greatest shooters. Radiant Silvergun is OK, too, but I agree it's way overhyped for some reason. I don't own the Saturn Bomberman game but I've been playing Bomberman for as long as I can remember and that game its sweet. I imagine how thrilling it must be to play it with ten other friends!

    As for Panzer Dragoon, it's the original. I still remember when the Saturn was first released... from all the games I was able to see in those magazines, Panzer Dragoon was by far the most promising - unline any other thing I had seen before. And the Jean Giraud art is quite unforgettable...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts