More periphernalia

The pads were one thing with the Saturn. Mark I controller actually came after the Mark II, because the Mark I was USA and European only. It's amazing Microsoft ignored this customer feedback when they released their original xbox, with an ENORMOUS pad. Then, since when did Micro$oft ever listen to anyone? :)

The arcade racer:

I loved mine. I still love it. It's great for SEGA Rally. It's a shame there's no feedback on the wheel (remember which year this was though), but a high tension string could have done a great job or pseudo-feedback. Hey-ho. It's a damn good wheel in my opinion. I'll let you fight it out in the comments.

Then we have the arcade stick. Not bad at all. Nothing on the Dreamcast arcade controller if you ask me, but it still does the job. I got this for $10 inc shipping from Japan.

Work it in my opinion. X-Men vs. Streetfighter is great on this. So is Radiant Silvergun.

Comments

  1. Most of all the Saturn wheel had a great design and worked quite well - this was years before they brought force feedback into the living room. As for the arcade stick, yes, it's awesome - and that is the result of many years of research in the arcade department, since SEGA did study, inquire and considered the feedback of arcade users in order to improve the quality of their games and hardware.

    Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to get some images of my far superior wheel. It was a dream to use and SEGA Rally felt like the arcade (in my head)!.

    The DC stick is miles better... but this one isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts