EA's NHL franchise

Just wanted to make a little post about a game I stumbled back upon recently. I often play NHL09 on my PS3 and I love the game. This weekend I am at my girlfriend's place - she doesn't have a PS3.

I leant her my Mega Drive though, bundled with all my old games. One such game is EA sports NHL (1991) on the Mega Drive.


I was surprised at how well the game played. It's 18 years old. I am sure that's older than a lot of PS3 owners!


Not too much has changed in the past 18 years though. The AI in this game is great, the shot taking is great - the fights are actually better than the more recent games... obviously the graphics are a world apart - as is the sound.

I'd definitely pick up this game for a quick hockey fix though - it's awesome.

For comparison... here's one of my NHL09 goals...

Comments

  1. Man I used to love that game and often I played it on that same Double Header cartridge.

    I used to feel a bit chilly when I played the game so me and my brother would share a blanket over the couch. The constant white noize that simulates the crowd... their screams when things got tougher... the snow mobile during the intermissions. If I like Ice Hockey it's because of this game. How nice of you to feature it in a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EA Hockey - an all time classic! Did you play the semi-sequel NHLPA Hockey? That was awesome. We used to have these massive tournaments round at my house - about 8 of us crammed into the living room. It was great, until someone had to go home and the tournament was RUINED...

    Ah, fond memories. And don't get me started on PGA Tour Golf...!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts